Top 10 Companies for AI Patents: China Leads the Way

  • SaySay
  • Ai
  • July 9, 2024
  • 0 Comments

The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) has announced that China has become the leader in the number of registered patents in the field of generative AI. WIPO also released a top 10 list of companies based on the number of patents, showcasing their various applications of artificial intelligence.

From 2013 to 2023, 54,000 patents in generative AI were registered worldwide, with over 25% registered this year alone. Of the total patents, China accounted for more than 38,000. The United States came in second with 6,276 patents, a sixth of China’s total. South Korea followed with 4,155 patents, Japan with 3,409, and India with 1,350. Notably, India had the highest average annual growth rate at 56%.

Here is the top 10 list of organizations by number of patents:

  1. Tencent (2,074)
  2. Ping An Insurance (1,564)
  3. Baidu (1,234)
  4. Chinese Academy of Sciences (607)
  5. IBM (601)
  6. Alibaba Group (571)
  7. Samsung Electronics (468)
  8. Alphabet (443)
  9. ByteDance (418)
  10. Microsoft (377)

In addition to patents, WIPO recorded over 75,000 scientific publications during this period. Most patents fall into the categories of images and videos (17,996), text (13,494), speech/music (13,480), and the study of molecules, genes, and proteins (1,494). The latter category has shown the highest growth rate, with an average annual increase of 78%.

Generative AI patents were also found in life sciences (5,346), document management and publishing (4,976), business solutions, industry and manufacturing, transportation, security, and telecommunications (over 2,000 each).

Despite the impressive number of patents, they account for only 6% of the total patents in artificial intelligence. The remaining 94% pertain to other areas of AI.

  • Say

    Related Posts

    OpenAI Introduces GPT-4o Mini to Replace GPT-3.5 Turbo
    • SaySay
    • July 19, 2024

    OpenAI has expanded its family of language models with the new GPT-4o Mini. According to the developers, this new model operates faster and more efficiently than the current GPT-3.5 Turbo…

    Continue reading
    New Details Revealed About the First “True” AI
    • SaySay
    • July 15, 2024

    News about OpenAI’s project, initially named Q*, first surfaced late last year. Recently, Reuters journalists have uncovered new details about this upcoming AI model and how close it might come…

    Continue reading

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    YouTube Relic: Video of Herobrine’s First Appearance in Minecraft Found

    • By Say
    • July 22, 2024
    • 3 views
    YouTube Relic: Video of Herobrine’s First Appearance in Minecraft Found

    Samsung Patents Accordion-Style Tablet with Expandable Screen

    • By Say
    • July 22, 2024
    • 2 views
    Samsung Patents Accordion-Style Tablet with Expandable Screen

    The End: Showrunners of The Witcher Series Conclude Plot for Fifth Season

    • By Say
    • July 22, 2024
    • 2 views
    The End: Showrunners of The Witcher Series Conclude Plot for Fifth Season

    Samsung Reveals “Contraindications” for Galaxy Ring Smart Ring

    • By Say
    • July 22, 2024
    • 2 views
    Samsung Reveals “Contraindications” for Galaxy Ring Smart Ring

    Yasuke Wasn’t a Samurai: Japanese Historians Clash Over His Status

    • By Say
    • July 22, 2024
    • 2 views
    Yasuke Wasn’t a Samurai: Japanese Historians Clash Over His Status

    Leak: HUAWEI to Soon Unveil Affordable Foldable Smartphone

    • By Say
    • July 22, 2024
    • 3 views
    Leak: HUAWEI to Soon Unveil Affordable Foldable Smartphone